UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 2020 UP PCS Pre Exam Pattern 2020 UPPSC PCS Pre Mains Exam Syllabus 2018-2019 Provincial Civil Service Exam Pattern Paper 1 Paper 2 Syllabus Mains Exam UPPSC PCS New Exam Pattern 2018
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 2020 Upper Subordinate Services Pre Mains Exam Pattern
LATEST PCS 2019 UPDATE dated 16.10.2019 : Good News !! UPPSC has released Notification & Started Online Applications for PCS/ ACF-RFO Exam 2019. EWS Category candidates will get benefit of reservation while Optional subjects reduce to 29 from 33 Subjects. PCS 2019 Pre Exam is scheduled on 15 December, 2019. Download PCS Notice 2019 & Apply Online from links below….
UPPSC has released PCS 2018 Mains Exam Schedule. Exam will conduct on 18, 19, 20 & 22 October 2019. First Time Exam will conduct on changed Mains Pattern & Syllabus. UPPSC may upload PCS 2018 Mains Exam Model Paper for Practice. Download Mains Exam Schedule from link given below….
UPPSC PCS Mains Exam will conduct on IAS Pattern. UPPSC will not upload any Model paper for mains Exam. UPPSC has announced Mains Exam Date for Upper Subordinate Services/ PCS through Exam Calendar 2019. UPPSC PCS Mains Exam will conduct in June, 2019. Check Exam Date from Exam Calendar link given below…
UPPSC has made change in syllabus/ Exam Pattern of PCS Exam from 2018. Interview will of 100 Marks Now. Mains Exam will be of 1600 Marks. From Now onwards UP PCS Pattern is based on UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern. Get UP PCS Syllabus 2018 Latest Update from the image given below….
COMBINED STATE / UPPER SUBORDINATE SERVICES EXAMINATION – 2019 Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has invited Online Application like every year for PCS 2019. As Per notice issued by UPPSC, Pre Exam to be conducted in December, 2019 all over the state. Aspirants who fill Online Application form for PCS 2019, must be preparing hard for Exam. But Preparation is incomplete without targeted study & detailed knowledge of All Subject coming in the Exam. We are providing you full details of UPPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern & Syllabus for PCS Paper 1 & Paper 2. Go through Full Article & make notes of important Topics. As per Selection Process, UPPSC will conduct PCS Pre Exam First. Check Out Exam Pattern & Syllabus below…
PLAN OF EXAMINATION/ PCS SELECTION PROCESS : The competitive examination for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (General Recruitment / Special Recruitment) Examination, 2019 and Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Examination, 2019 comprise three successive stages viz :-
(1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice). 2- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination). 3- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
UPPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern 2020 :
- The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers of which answer sheet be on OMR sheet.
- There will be Negative Marking of 0.33 Marks in PCS Exam.
- The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours duration. Exam will organize under offline, Pen Paper Mode.
- Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively. The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
- candidates will call for Mains Exam 13 times of Vacancies. earlier uppsc call candidates 18 times for Mains Exam.
(1) Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
(2) It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers.
(3) The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Pattern 2020 : UP PCS Mains Exam will be Subjective (Conventional) as well as objective Type. Exam Pattern is as follows :-
A) COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
1. General Hindi : 150 marks (3 Hr Time Duration)
2. Essay : 150 marks (3 Hr Time Duration)
3. General Studies (i-Paper) : 200 marks (3 Hr Time Duration)
4. General Studies (ii-Paper) : 200 marks (3 Hr Time Duration)
5. General Studies (iii-Paper) : 200 marks (3 Hr Time Duration)
6. General Studies (iv-Paper) : 200 marks (3 Hr Time Duration)
NOTE : General Hindi, Essay and General Studies (First, Second, Third and Fourth papers) Papers Shall be Conventional type and for solving the questions three hours time is allowed. For optional Question papers three hours time is allowed. Two hundred maximum marks has been allotted for each optional question paper. For optional Question papers three hours time is allowed. Two hundred maximum marks has been allotted for each optional question paper.
B. Optional Subjects (any two) :- 400 Marks. Question Papers will be of 03:00 hours. Candidates has to choose subjects from following groups :
14. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
17. Political Science & International Relations
20. Civil Engineering
21. Mechanical Engineering
22. Electrical Engineering
23. English Literature
24. Hindi Literature
25. Urdu Literature
26. Sanskrit Literature
27. Commerce & Accountancy
28. Public Administration
29. Medical Science
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2020 Pre Exam
PCS Paper 1 Syllabus 2020- GENERAL STUDIES I
Current events of national and international importance :- On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India and Indian National Movement :- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian and world Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social &Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Enviornment and Urbanisation.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science :– Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Note :- Candidate are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
UPPSC PCS Paper 2 Syllabus 2020- GENERAL STUDIES II
- Comprehension, Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
(1) Arithmetic :-
(i) Number systems : Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship. (ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportion
(iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound interests (vii) Work and Time. (viii) Speed, Time and Distance.
(2) Algebra :-
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations. (ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(3) Geometry :-
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area. (ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
(4) Statistics :- Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(2) Active Voice and Passive Voice.
(3) Parts of Speech.
(4) Transformation of Sentences.
(5) Direct and Indirect Speech.
(6) Punctuation and Spellings.
(7) Words Meanings.
(8) Vocabulary & usage.
(9) Idioms and Phrases.
(10) Fill in the Blanks.
UP PCS Pre Hindi Syllabus : Check Syllabus from the given Image :
UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Syllabus 2019-2020
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER-1 :-
1. History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern
2. Indian National Movement and Indian Culture
3. Population, Environment and Urbanization in Indian Context
4. World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
5. Current events of national and international importance.
6. Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
7. Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.
History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru. The part on current events of national and international importance will include questions also on sports and games.
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER 2 :
1. Indian Polity
2. Indian Economy
3. General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including
science in every day life)
4. General Mental ability.
5. Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams.
The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidates awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidates ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatically form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies there in.
ESSAY : There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of essay will be based on following sphere :
Section A : (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B : (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
Section C : (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc. (3) National Development programmes and projects.
(C) PERSONALITY TEST (VIVA-VOCE) TOTAL MARKS 100 : The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/ personality and general suitability for the service.
Dear UP PCS 2019 Aspirants You can clear your Doubts regarding Exam Pattern, Syllabus through Comment Box given below. You can also send us E Mail. at email@example.com We will happy to help you.