Railway Group D Syllabus 2018 RRB PET Written Exam Pattern CEN 02/2018
Railway Group D Syllabus 2018 RRB Exam
LATEST UPDATE dated 15.05.2018 : Big News !! Candidates will get Different Questions in Railway Group D Exam 2018. Different Question Bank is prepared for Online Computer Based Test. Read Full News from Image given below….
Indian Railway has recently issued Centralized Employment Notice (CEN) No.02/2018 – (Recruitment for Various Posts in Level 1 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix). This Notification was released to make recruitment on various 62907 Track maintainer Grade-IV, Gateman, Helpers in Electrical / Engineering / Mechanical / Signal & Telecommunication, Assistant Pointsmen, Porter / Hamal / Sweeper cum Porter Posts. Candidates who are going to appear for this Group D Exam must have full knowledge of Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection Process. Indian Railway has made some changes in Selection Process. So On this Page, you will be able to get all important information of Railway Group D Syllabus 2018, Online Exam Pattern, Physical Test Pattern/ Syllabus.
RRB Group D Selection Process : Only single online application has to be submitted by the candidate to the RRB of their choice for all the notified post. The entire recruitment process shall involve a Computer Based Test(CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Document Verification.
The date, time and venue for all the activities, namely, CBT, PET and DV or any other additional activity as applicable shall be fixed by the RRBs and shall be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of any of the above activity or for change of venue, date and shift will not be entertained under any circumstances.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2018 (Computer Based Test) :
All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test on the specified date, time and venue as per the e-call letter to be downloaded by the candidates from the websites of RRBs. The information about the e-call letter download shall be communicated through the websites as well as personal email communication to the candidates.
- Written Exam will conduct under Online Mode & consists Objective Type Questions.
- Total Duration for Online Exam is 90 Min i.e 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- RRB Group D Computer Based Test comprises of Total 100 Questions.
- Questions in Exam will be asked from Mathematics, Reasoning, General Science & General Knowledge.
Negative Marking : There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in the CBT. 1/3 of the marks allotted
for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
RRB Group D Cut Off Marks : Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%. These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
Railway Group D Syllabus 2018 RRB Online Exam :
The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to:
Mathematics : Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
General Intelligence and reasoning : Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
General Science : The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level.
General Awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TESTS (PET) : Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET Two times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this limit as required to ensure availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature.
Railway Recruitment Cell has changed Physical Exam pattern for Group D Posts. Now Group D PET is more Tough for Male & Female both. Now Physical Exam will be conducted as :-
- Male Candidates has to complete 100 Meter Race in 2 Minutes with carrying 35 KG weight. Candidates has to complete Race in 1st Attempt.
- Male Candidates has to complete 1 Km Race in 4 Minutes 15 Seconds.
- Female Candidates has to complete 1 Km Race in 5 Minutes 40 Seconds.
- female Candidates has to complete 100 Meter Race in 2 Minutes with carrying 20 KG weight. Candidates has to complete Race in 1st Attempt.
Document Verification and Empanelling of Candidates : Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates will be called for document verification.
- In case of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., older person shall be given higher seniority.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
- Candidates may please note that RRBs only recommend names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway Administrations.