SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 PA SA LDC DEO Tier 1 Exam Pattern -Subject Wise
ssc chsl syllabus 2018 ssc 10+2 exam syllabus 2017-18 .pdf file in hindi combined higher secondary exam ssc ldc deo syllabus 2018 tier 1 exam postal assistant sorting assistant Junior Secretariat Assistant Exam Pattern chsl new subject wise exam pattern 2018 selection process lower division clerk date entry operator
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 Tier 1 Exam
F.No. 3/3/2017-P&P-I. The Staff Selection Commission will hold an examination for recruitment to the Posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operator. Candidates who has applied for Combined Higher Secondary Examination 2017 must have knowledge about selection process, Tier 1 & Tier 2 Exam Pattern. In this Article all details of ssc ldc deo syllabus 2018 is provided here. Candidates can get details of Typing/ Skill Test also here.
SSC CHSL 2017 Selection Process : The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III). Process are as follows :-
1. Tier 1 Online Written Exam (Objective Type)
2. Tier 2 Written Exam (Descriptive Exam)
3. Typing/ Skill Test
4. Document Verification
IMPORTANT SELECTION STEPS :
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I. There may be separate cut-offs for different posts i.e DEO, DEO Grade ‘A’, LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination the basis of their performance in (Tier-I+ Tier-II) subject to having minimum score of 33% in Tier-II. Tier-III Examination i.e. Skill Test will be of qualifying type.
- The candidates who qualify Tier III will be called for Document Verification to check the eligibility of candidates as per information given by him/ her in the online Application Form.
- Final allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending on their merit position and the option exercised by them during document verification.
NOTE : The Commission reserves the right to introduce additional stage of examination which would be notified at suitable time, if considered necessary.
Scheme of CHSL Tier 1 Examination (Exam Pattern) : Important Points related to SSC CHSL Tier 1 Online Exams are as follows :
- Online Exam consists of Total 200 Marks & 100 Questions.
- Time Duration for CHSL Tier 1 Exam is 60 Minutes (01 Hour).
- There will be Negative Marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in this Exam.
- Exam will be Bilingual i.e. Questions will be asked in Hindi & English (except English section)
|Subject||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|I. English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
|II. General Intelligence||25||50|
|III. Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|IV. General Awareness||25||50|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 Tier 1 Exam :
General Intelligence : It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification,
Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
English Language : Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Quantitative Aptitude :
Arithmetic : Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations : Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra : Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry : Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration : Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry : Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities.,
Statistical Charts : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
General Awareness : Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Note : For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability and opting for SCRIBES there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning/ Quantitative Aptitude.
SSC CHSL Tier-2 (Descriptive Paper) :
- CHSL Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode
- The duration of the paper would be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the VH candidates).
- This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
Tier-III Examination : Tier-III of the Examination would be the Skill Test/ Typing Test which would be of qualifying nature. Skill Test/ Typing Test would be in consonance with the provisions contained.The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator :
i. Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
ii. For post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):- A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer.
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant :
Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II). Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/ her choice/ option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form. Typing Test will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute. 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.