Important Topics For SBI PO/ Clerk Exams | Preparation Tips
What Are The Important Topics For SBI PO/ Clerk Exams 2023 ?
SBI PO is regarded as one of the important exams of the year indeed. This exam holds three stages of exam called Preliminary, Main Exam and Interview. There are a number of candidates who have already been preparing for this exam irrespective of the notification. If you have done your preparation in the best way, chances are high that you will crack this exam. Therefore, it is important to prepare important sections and topics.
Important Sections and Topics Of SBI PO Exam
Here, we are going to share the information about important sections related to the SBI PO exam. Let’s check it out more about it.
General Or Financial Awareness
SBI Clerk preparation for general or financial awareness is also needed to do. You need to memorize the events happening currently. To learn them you should associate the events’ date with something personal so they will remain in your mind. When you go with one topic, you should also learn other things related to it. For example, if you learn GST, cover other things related to it such as what does GST stand for, its starting date, who availed from it and so on.
Numeric Ability Section –
It is a vast section indeed. It covers a wide array of topics such as Simplifications, Number Series, Quadratic Equations, DI and Miscellaneous World Problems. The best thing is that you will enjoy it if you love numeric.
Reasoning Ability Section –
You should start your preparation from the easy topics so that confidence will increase along with. The reasoning ability section is indeed quite huge and you probably can miss out a few scoring topics too.
- Here, we are going to mention those important topics you should consider in Preliminary Examination are Blood Relation, Coding and Decoding, Direction Sense, Data Sufficiency and Order & Ranking Problems.
- If you are one of them not too good at Quantitative Aptitude then you may go with this section in order to enhance your overall score. Reasoning is regarded as one of the most important sections for both whether it is Prelims and Mains. You can make a good score only when you do the right preparation.
- If you want to grab good score in reasoning, you need practice daily of 10 Syllogism, 10 Inequalities, 10 coding, 10 blood relations, 10 direction, 10 alphanumeric, 5-10 prelim level, 1-3 mains level seating arrangement, 1-3 main level puzzles and 1 Input Output daily.
Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test –
Candidates also should go ahead for practice of seating arrangement and puzzle tests for a sophisticated time-period.
- You should make a habit to solve 5-5 questions on a daily basis. Seating Arrangement Problems require more practice. “Facing Towards The Centre Of The Table” questions are supposed to come in the SBI PO Prelims examination.
- Make sure that you are confident enough to solve that question in optimal time. Apart from it, puzzle test problems also need a lot of practice.
- Some people do think that solving puzzles orally might help but it is not helpful. You should always do practice going with a rough diagram for the same.
English Language Preparation –
Most students do love this section, as it is the simplest and easiest section to grab good marks. It holds 30 questions from different categories called Reading comprehension, Phrase Replacement and Cloze Test. Talking about the books for English language, you may go with Objective English 4th Edition (Edgar Thorpe) and Word Power Made Easy (Norman Lewis).
These books are quite good for preparation of this section. If you want to prepare grammar then buy Wren and Martin’s book. You should go ahead thoroughly as much as you can to strengthen your knowledge. Vocabulary cannot be built overnight. It takes time though. If you want to improve your vocabulary then you need to work hard with patience. Make a habit to read newspapers, magazines, novels and advertisements. The more you read, the more your vocabulary improves.
You should make a notebook so that quick revision can be done easily. The more you practice, the more chances you will be having to crack the exam. Do your preparation with quality oriented study materials, mock tests and previous year papers. Also do keep a close eye on updates related to exams.